Wednesday, January 14, 2009

New year up and running

So..I laid in my bed last night too wired to sleep by the time I got home from a terrific workshop in Fayetteville at 11:30. My mind was going over and over all I need to do in the next 24 hours....way more than any one person can do. I've got to quit doing the "to do" list in my mind before bed, makes me have heart burn.

Went to a fantastic workshop last night. Specific information delivered in a concise way. My idea of a great workshop. Now...will I have time to implement the things I learned last night before Marcy comes for my review? My window begins TOMORROW. Yikes and there is so much to do. I hope she'll be merciful and realize we all went home with such a lot of things to change she shouldn't visit any of us this week. Especially since I got my visit last year on the first day of the window, it wouldn't be fair to have it happen again this year, would it?

I've been thinking about the verse in the Bible that says we are to love the Lord with all our soul, mind, heart, strength. I am falling way short of that. God is coming in about third place or lower on my time scale. kids, work, college, taxes, budget reports....all are pushing Him out. I've got to get myself back to a regular devotional pattern. I miss Bible Study Fellowship so much. The accountability and structure worked so well for me. But, since there is no nursery provided, right now it isn't an option. I've just got to put Him first and trust He'll help with all the rest (He always does...it's amazing how faithful He is when I mess up daily). I guess He just loves me.
I'm so glad He loves me unconditionally.

The other thing I'm trying to keep in mind is the verse about "what you do to the least of these, you do unto me." My little people in my preschool are definitely among the 'least'. I need to look at them and remember whatever I say and do to them, I am doing to Christ.

1 comment:

Ms Debbie said...

Rita, I am SURE you will do fine. I was the same way... making list in my head and on the paper!

That verse is pretty convicting...

The least of these...

wow...