Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Being thankful

My friend Debbie posted in her blog her deep grief over her mother's battle with cancer. In such an eloquent way she shared her heart. Reading her blog made me realize how truly blessed I am. I fuss (I had a melt down earlier tonight because the baby WOULD not go to sleep).

I was tempted to get on here and whine about my hard, hard life...and hearing Luke started to fuss AGAIN makes me want to even more. But....then I think of all Debbie has been throug recently. I am blessed, truly blessed. I haven't got a good reason to fuss when God has stood by me and held my hand all this past eighteen hectic months.

So I will praise the Lord, pray for Debbie and her family--and go get Luke and put him in my bed (again) so I can get some sleep. Why do I wonder if that is why he fusses at night? So he gets tucked into my bed, we snuggle and get some sleep. I have friends who seldom see their grandb babies, and I get to see mine daily. I am blessed

2 comments:

Ms Debbie said...

Rita, you are not only thankful but you are humble. I think of your life and how I would not want to " walk a day in your shoes." I guess as long as we both think we have it better.... we are on the right track! Love ya friend.

Rita said...

love you too. You encourage me so muc