Sunday, June 7, 2009
summer
So it's officially summer. The family has established new routines. We go outside shortly after I get home from work. I carry my homework out on the porch and read Geography in between chasing Luke away from the front steps (which are concrete and scare me). The other children run between the yard, inside for popsicles and drinks, and stopping by to play with Luke as they race back to activities in the yard. This year little Alaina can reach the bar and swing from it. This year Michael can throw a ball across the yard. This year Diondra wants to have a bike without training wheels. This year Jordan wants to roam far and wide. This year Rita wants to just hold on to these relaxing days. The winter was so much work and stress. PILES of work are still waiting....but these days sitting in the summer breeze listening to happy grandkids are what life should be at 58. Joshua sits and visits outside, then goes in and makes supper. We eat supper and then come back outside. I am loving it. I don't want to go to work tomorrow morning--but I will. I'm enjoying my home and my family. One of the great things about moving the preschool was that treasures of mine I had left upstairs in my old bedroom at the old school came home to where I am living now. So things that have graced my walls for years and years are now on the walls here and I feel so at home. I hope we don't have to move again for many many years....and yes, Debbie, I am still praying about Huntsville. But right now I am enjoying a small window of absolute contentment. It's been a long time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Content is good.
Post a Comment