Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas is over....

Here I'm sitting looking at a clean livingroom...well, reasonably clean with the debris of five children's play scattered about. Pooh bear tossed by the tv, a motorcycle in the middle of the room, a basket of toys by the door, Gator Golf peeking out from beneath the play pen. The signs of five happy children enjoying their Christmas gifts. It's been a quiet week. I've slowly been cleaning and rearranging the house. I didn't have time when we moved in here to really put things as I wanted them. Christmas day was the best we've had in many years. Joshua did very well, he enjoyed the morning chaos and took pictures while the children unwrapped, then spent time unpackaging toys (WHY do they pack toys in so many little twist ties, plastic loops etc. as if they didn't want the children to ever get them open?), putting things together and putting in batteries. We did great...had batteries for everything except one item. Thankfully, I had the right sized batteries at the PreK, so Joshua made a quick run to get them.

All ten grandkids and my own kids and in-laws all enjoyed what I got for them. Such a blessing.

My fly in the ointment is that I forgot to send something to my son-in-law in Iraq until it was too late to arrive. He has a birthday in mid-January, so I'll mail for both occasions, but I feel crummy about forgetting him. How could I? I pray for him daily.....The month just got away from me too quickly.

Big moments? 4 year old Diondra clutching a pair of Tinkerbell jammies to her little chest and smiling and saying "I GOT MY TINKERBELL JAMMIES" with such a happy face. Watching Jordan and Alaina try out their moonshoes. The darned things really work great!

Luke standing for the first time today. He pulled himself up on a laundry basket three times---and fell and bonked his head each time.

What a relief that there was no drama for Christmas. Thank you, Lord, for peace.

Tonight they're all in bed and quietly sleeping. I'm catching up on this blog, and other places I like to check. My stomach is beginning to tighten as I think of all the things I MUST get done at the PreK before the 31st.
But tonight, I'm going to sit here and finish a book I've been reading, and then study another chapter in Luke and pray ....and go to bed...I hope to sleep.

1 comment:

Ms Debbie said...

I too and thankful for your Christmas peace.....